Trommel ScreenFebruary 24, 2023 2023-02-24 13:20
A trommel screen, also known as rotary screen, is an essential unit which is used mainly in the mineral and solid-waste processing industries. It consists of a perforated cylindrical drum which is normally elevated at an angle at the feed end. Physical size separation is achieved as the feed material spirals down the rotating drum, where the undersized material smaller than the screen apertures passes through the screen, while the oversized material exits at the other end of the drum.
Bevcon Trommel screens can be used in a variety of applications such as classification of solid waste and recovery of valuable minerals from raw materials. Trommels screen come in many designs such as concentric screens, series or parallel arrangement and each component has a few configurations. However depending on the application required, trommels have several advantages and limitations over other screening processes such as vibrating screens, grizzly screens, roller screens, Banana screens and gyratory screen separators.
Advance manufacturing techniques ensure that Rotary trommel Screens are simple to operate with a user friendly design. Specially designed safety features include inspection doors for maintenance and replacement of screen panels, Drum wheel dust protection cover etc.
- Highly Efficient
- Robustly built for heavy duty
- Low maintenance
- Screen available in Mild Steel, Stainless Steel & Polyurethane with 6, 8, 10mm meshes aperture
- Screen cloth is bolted and clamped to the drum frame work for easy maintenance / replacement
- Trommel Screens can be custom-made based on application and space availability
- Self cleaning rotating bushes available for trammel screen drum cleaning
- Four wheel drives
- Option for water sprinkling system inside drum for material washery
- Construction & Demolition Waste
- Municipal Waste Treatment