StackerFebruary 22, 2023 2023-03-02 7:57
The central function of stockyards in the field of bulk materials handling lies in the buffering, blending and storage between incoming and outgoing materials. The stockyards for mines, power plants, beneficiation plants, ports and terminals are developed in a circular or longitudinal layout incorporating feed conveyors, stackers and reclaimers. A stacker is a large machine used in stockyard system. Its function is to pile bulk material such as coal, limestone, ores and etc. on to a stockpile.
Linear / Longitudinal Stacker
Stackers are nominally rated for capacity in tones per hour (tph). They normally travel on a rail between stockpiles in the stockyard. A stacker can usually move in at least two directions:
horizontally along the rail and vertically by luffing (raising and lowering) its boom. Luffing of the boom minimizes dust by reducing the distance that material such as coal needs to fall to the top of the stockpile. The boom is luffed upwards as the height of the stockpile increases. Some stackers can rotate the boom. This allows a single stacker to form two stockpiles, one on either side of the conveyor. Stackers are used to stack in different patterns, such as cone stacking and chevron stacking. Stacking in a single cone tends to cause size segregation, with coarser material moving out towards the base. In raw cone ply stacking, additional cones are added next to the first cone. In chevron stacking, the stacker travels along the length of the stockpile adding layer upon layer of material.
Circular / Radial Stacker
The circular system comprises a luffing / slewing stacker rotating around a central column, covering the entire area of the circular stockpile. The Material will be fed to the center of the stockpile by means of an overhead belt conveyor. The slewing stacker boom performs a continuous, combine slewing and luffing motion over a preset arc of the circle during stacking to form an endless bed.
Stacker has three basic movements:
- A system suitable for the most rugged mine applications, yet gentle on sensitive and friable materials
- Best suitable for high Conveying Capacity (TPH) with greater vertical lifts.
- Modular type design to accommodate extended lengths.
- A system suitable for the crushed ore (preferably < 200 mm) in mining applications, also gentle on sensitive and friable materials.
- No Belt sway.
- Reliable & low operating and maintenance costs.
- Smooth surfaced belts allow continuous belt cleaning by scrappers and plows. This also facilitates intermediate material discharge by belt plows, as required, before and/or beyond the sandwiched part of the snake profile conveyor.
- All components are as same as conventional conveyor ensures economy and fast delivery of replacement parts.
- Raw Coal
- Clean Coal
- Oversize Coal
- ROM Coal
- Sized Coal
- Gold Ore
- Wood chips
- Wet Bottom Ash
- Copper Ore
- Excavated Earth
- Municipal Sludge
- Sewage Sludge
- Gypsum, Slag
- Mixed & Un-Mixed Compost
- Various Grains
Sandwich Snake Belt Conveyors of Bevcon Wayors offer the potential to convey bulk materials at angles up to 90 degrees to the horizontal. Our Sandwich Snake Belt Conveyors developed in collaboration with Dos Santos International – USA offer a considerable throughput even in complex environment and space conditions.