Screw ConveyorFebruary 23, 2023 2023-02-23 15:30
Bevcon Screw Conveyor is also known as helix conveyor, spiral conveyor or auger conveyor. Bevcon Screw Conveyors are used to convey semi-solid materials horizontally or at slight inclinations efficiently. Screw conveyor’s main function is to transfer varied bulk materials from one process to another. Materials like food waste, wood chips, aggregates, cereal grains, animal feed, boiler ash, meat, bone meal, municipal solid waste can be effectively conveyed using Screw Conveyors.
Screw Conveyor has a trough containing spiral flights / blade coiled around a shaft and driven at one end and held at other end. The rate of volume transfer is proportional to the rotation rate of the shaft. In industrial control applications the device is often used as a variable rate feeder by varying the rotation rate of the shaft to deliver a measured rate or quantity of material into a process.
Screw Conveyors can be operated with the flow of material inclined upward. When space allows, this is a very economical method of elevating and conveying. It is important to understand, however, that as the angle of inclination increases, the allowable capacity of a given unit decreases.
- Custom design as per specific applications
- Ideal for handling dry to semi fluid materials
- Cost-effective and minimal operation maintenance
- Trough material available in carbon steel, stainless steel and abrasion resistant alloys steel
- Cost effective when compared to other conveying devices such as belt conveyor or pneumatic conveying
- Efficiently distributes bulk materials to various location using multiple inlet and discharge points
- Totally enclosed for corrosive and hazardous requirements
- Boiler Ash
- Cereal grains
- Food waste
- Wood chips
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Animal feed
- And many others materials